Thursday, July 22, 2010

Weekly Update - July 12th - 18th - Busy Busy Busy

This past week ended up being very busy.  Monday I worked and rehearsed the foot drumming.  After work Tuesday I spent an hour working on mixing with Michelle Lynn followed by a rehearsal with her and Adam.  Wednesday, Nick from Neon was over and we continued to work on vocals for as long as his voice could handle it.  We are making good progress and the tracking for the album is very near completion.  Wednesday evening, Jaran and Joe were over and we ran through the Brahman Shaman songs in preparation for our show at the Root Note on Saturday.

Thursday I worked and headed up to Kathy's Pub in Rochester, MN afterwards to drum for Michelle Lynn as one of the two Bad Passengers.  The show was a lot of fun, but it ended up being a long day after playing working and playing for four hours and driving home etc.., such is the life of the musician though and I am definitely not complaining.  Slept in Friday trying to recover from the late night at Kathy's Pub and found out when I awoke that I was needed to open for Porcupine and ConQueso at JB's Speakeasy that night in La Crosse, WI.  I rehearsed through the one man band set in a very warm garage with a cup of coffee and felt comfortable enough to debut the live one man band later that night at JB's.  The show was a ton of fun and went surprisingly well which served as a good proof of concept for future shows as a one man band.

Saturday was a warm one and besides some errands and some yard cleanup from the recent storms I tried to stay cool and rested inside.  Saturday night I headed down to the Root Note in La Crosse, WI to do a Brahman Shaman set with the Electric Trio (Jaran & Joe) and I also played some more drums for Michelle Lynn during her set.  The show was a lot of fun and I really enjoyed watching Hyphon's set, especially when he was joined onstage by Efftupp.

No comments:

Post a Comment